While at the topic of metaphors, I thought I will also share one more amazing book in this category. Book’s title is I never metaphor I didn’t like. It is written by Dr. Mardy Groth.
This book is an amazing collection of great metaphors. Author has curated these over his lifetime. It’s a treat to look into it every once in a while and enrich your thinking while reading amazing metaphors.
Here are a few examples for your reading pleasure.
- I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life.
- What is not good for the hive is not good for the bee.
- We boil at different degrees.
- Life is like riding a bicycle.
- To keep your balance you must keep moving.
Grothe, Mardy. I Never Metaphor I Didn’t Like. HarperCollins e-books. Kindle Edition.